We value our members… and it shows! There are many benefits to being a member-owner of the co-op. In all co-ops:
Ask your Co-op about other benefits available to you.
- You can contribute towards a stronger community.
- The co-op is owned collectively by local people who make the decisions they feel will best serve the majority of members and the community.
- The surplus at the co-op stays in the community to be re-circulated for the benefit of all.
- You have the opportunity to serve on a Board or Council, or on committees, giving you valuable experience that will benefit you in other areas of your life, while helping your co-op at the same time.
What is your role as a member?
As a co-op member, you’re actually one of the owners. Your primary responsibility is to support the co-op by purchasing as many of the goods and services you need. Imagine if you owned a shoe store, but then bought shoes at your competitor’s store!
As a member-owner, you have the opportunity to:
We hope you will encourage friends and family to become co-op members as well… and experience the Co-operative Difference!
- Vote for Board or Council members to represent your views,
- Attend general and annual meetings,
- Offer your comments and suggestions related to your Co-op,
- Serve on your Co-op’s Board or Council,
- Serve on committees created by the Board or Council.
© 2013 Co-op Atlantic